And then there was one.
So what's the latest from Glendale? The Red Birds are scheduled to interview Indianapolis Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians for their vacant head coaching position. Arians, 60, is expected to speak with Arizona officials sometime today, according to ESPN.com.
Arians was a finalist for the Chicago Bears job but that went to Marc Trestman yesterday.
Arians spent 12 games as interim head coach this past season for the Colts while coach Chuck Pagano was treated for leukemia. He did a fantastic job – Indianapolis went 9-3 in those dozen games. This was his first season as OC for the Colts and he helped develop quarterback Andrew Luck.
Arians was previously the offensive coordinator for the Pittsburgh Steelers from 2007-11 and was also the offensive coordinator of the Cleveland Browns from 2001-03. He is a native of Paterson, NJ.
So have the Cardinals found their man? Time will tell. Ray Horton, Todd Haley, Jay Gruden, Darrell Bevell and Mike McCoy have also interviewed for the job. McCoy landed in San Diego as the new head coach of the Chargers.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Arizona Cardinals Scheduled to Interview Andy Reid for Head Coaching Job
- Arizona Cardinals Attempting to Schedule Second Interview with Mike McCoy
- Arizona Cardinals Scheduled to Interview Jay Gruden
- Arizona Cardinals Given Permission to Speak to Pittsburgh Steelers’ Todd Haley
- Arizona Cardinals Eye Seattle’s Darrell Bevell for Head Coach Vacancy
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/oxl