Todd Bowles has been named the new defensive coordinator ,while 74-year old Tom Moore will serve as Arians' assistant head coach/offensive coordinator. Moore has coached in the NFL for 34 years, including 12 as an offensive coordinator of the Indianapolis Colts when Peyton Manning was the quarterback.
Bowles, 49, was the defensive coordinator of the Philadelphia Eagles from Oct. 16 to the end of the 2012 campaign after the firing of Juan Castillo. Bowles played eight years in the NFL with the Redskins and 49ers collectively and has been an assistant coach for the New York Jets, Cleveland Browns, Dallas Cowboys, Miami Dolphins and the Eagles. He is a native of Elizabeth, NJ and a Temple University product.
Ironically, Bowles played for Arians when Arians was the head coach at Temple.
Bowles replaces Ray Horton, who is now the defensive coordinator of the Cleveland Browns.
Moore commenced his NFL coaching career with the Pittsburgh Steelers in 1977 as a wide receivers coach and has three Super Bowl rings that include 2006 with the Colts and in 1977-78 with the Steelers.
Arians is presently in Mobile, AL as he is scouting players who will be playing in the upcoming Senior Bowl.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Arizona Cardinals Given Permission to Speak to Pittsburgh Steelers’ Todd Haley
- Arizona Cardinals to Interview Indianapolis Colts’ Bruce Arians
- Arizona Cardinals Tab Harold Goodwin as New Offensive Coordinator
- Bruce Arians Named Head Coach of Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals Scheduled to Interview Andy Reid for Head Coaching Job
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/p3e