The Arizona Cardinals have a new special teams coach.
The University of Alabama product had coached the Steel Curtain's special teams unit since 2007.
Arians and Jones have known each other for a long time. Jones first coached with Arians at Alabama under legendary coach Paul W. “Bear” Bryant in the early 1980s. At that time, Arians was a young assistant coach and Jones was a graduate assistant.
Arians left the Crimson Tide to become the head coach of the Temple Owls in 1983 and Jones joined that staff. He coached the defensive line and tight ends for three seasons there.
The two were reunited again on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Arians was the wide receivers coach from 2004-06 and was promoted to offensive coordinator in 2007, the year Jones joined the Steel Curtain staff.
The 53-year old Jones played running back and safety under Bryant at Alabama.
- Be sure to "like" our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/pages/Cardinals-101/314333385330783
- Follow us on Twitter @Cardinals_101
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Arizona Cardinals Tab Harold Goodwin as New Offensive Coordinator
- Bruce Arians Named Head Coach of Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals Fire Head Coach Ken Whisenhunt, GM Rod Graves
- Arizona Cardinals Eye Seattle’s Darrell Bevell for Head Coach Vacancy
- Arizona Cardinals Hire Todd Bowles, Tom Moore
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/p9h