Another wild NFL Pro Bowl is in the books – the NFC defeated the AFC, 62-35 at Aloha Stadium in Aiea, Hawaii last night. The most important thing that came out of this all-star event is that the players actually seemed to care and played hard – quite a difference from last season's debacle.
Here are some quick observations:
Larry Fitzgerald: It was nice to see some elite quarterbacks (Drew Brees, Eli Manning, Russell Wilson) throwing to Fitzgerald after a 2012 season of mostly dismal quarterback play by the Red Birds. The seven time Pro Bowler looked like his old self with six receptions for 59 yards and a touchdown, a nine-yard catch from Wilson in the third quarter that gave the NFC a 45-21 lead. It was the eighth Pro Bowl TD of Fitzgerald's stellar career, extending his NFL record.
Daryl Washington: The Cardinals linebacker did not have a tackle during line of scrimmage play but played extensively on special teams and was credited with one tackle.
Patrick Peterson: The talented cornerback was extremely active, breaking up a pair of passes – one intended for Reggie Wayne and another on a deep route to Denver's Demaryius Thomas that he tipped to William Moore of the Falcons for an interception.
The LSU product also gained seven yards on a reverse handoff on a punt return and even lined up late in the blowout as a wide receiver for a few plays. No passes were thrown his way though because the NFC was keeping the ball on the ground to run down the clock.
He is quite a talent.
- Be sure to "like" our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/pages/Cardinals-101/314333385330783
- Follow us on Twitter @Cardinals_101
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Arizona Cardinals’ Patrick Peterson Very Worthy of Second Pro Bowl Selection
- Arizona Cardinals’ Larry Fitzgerald Named to 2013 NFL Pro Bowl
- Arizona’s Daryl Washington Headed to the Pro Bowl
- Daryl Washington Named Second Team NFL All-Pro
- Arizona Cardinals Bid for Second Straight Victory VS. Chicago Bears
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/pag