It starts with the head coach himself. Arians was the offensive coordinator for the Steelers from 2007-11 under Mike Tomlin. He then went on to become the offensive coordinator of the Colts last year and was named interim head coach when head coach Chuck Pagano was diagnosed with leukemia. He led Indianapolis to a 9–3 record during his tenure, which lasted from October 1 until Pagano's return on Dec. 24.
Arizona's new offensive coordinator, Harold Goodwin, coached with Arians in Pittsburgh from 2007-11 while Tom Moore, the new Assistant Head Coach/Offense of the Red Birds, was with the Steelers from 1977-89. He was receivers coach from 1977-82 and then served as offensive coordinator from 1983-89. Moore won a pair of championship rings with the Steel Curtain.
Amos Jones in the new special teams coach under Arians and he has Steelers ties as well. The University of Alabama product was the assistant special teams coach in Pittsburgh from 2007-13 before landing the Cardinals gig. So he coached with Arians in Pittsburgh as well.
So what does this all mean? It simply means that Arians has hired coaches he is comfortable with and has mostly worked with before. They all bring a great deal of knowledge and experience to the table.
And with Pittsburgh's winning tradition, that can only be a good thing in the desert as Arians begins to rebuild the Red Birds.
- Be sure to "like" our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/pages/Cardinals-101/314333385330783
- Follow us on Twitter @Cardinals_101
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Arizona Cardinals Given Permission to Speak to Pittsburgh Steelers’ Todd Haley
- Arizona Cardinals Tab Amos Jones as Special Teams Coach
- Arizona Cardinals Scheduled to Interview Andy Reid for Head Coaching Job
- Arizona Cardinals Tab Harold Goodwin as New Offensive Coordinator
- Arizona Cardinals Hire Todd Bowles, Tom Moore
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/pg7