You'd think that after suffering through a 5-11 season in 2012, one that included a nine-game losing streak, the Arizona Cardinals would at least have one of the easier schedules in the upcoming 2013 NFL campaign.
Larry Fitzgerald and company aren't so lucky. According to NFL.com, the Red Birds have the seventh toughest schedule this coming season, based on opponents records last year. Their opponents have a combined .520 winning percentage.
Four games will come against the 49ers and Seahawks in the NFC West, which is quickly evolving from what was once a doormat division a few seasons ago to one of the best divisions in football these days. Both squads made the playoffs last season and the Niners were NFC champions.
Below is the official strength of schedule list for the upcoming season, as per NFL.com. Note the Carolina Panthers own the top spot – their opponents were .543 last season. Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos have the easiest schedule overall (.430).
The official NFL schedule for 2013 is slated to be released in April.
|2013 Strength of schedule|
|New Orleans Saints|
|St. Louis Rams|
|Green Bay Packers|
|San Francisco 49ers|
|New England Patriots|
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers|
|New York Jets|
|New York Giants|
|Kansas City Chiefs|
|San Diego Chargers|
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Arizona Cardinals Know Tough Game Awaits Them Against San Francisco 49ers
- Arizona Cardinals’ 2013 Opponents Include Texans, Saints and Colts
- Arizona Cardinals Attempting to Schedule Second Interview with Mike McCoy
- Important Game Awaits Arizona Cardinals in Matchup with Minnesota Vikings
- Arizona Cardinals’ Larry Fitzgerald Named to 2013 NFL Pro Bowl
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/pvh